Design Contest Details
We are excited to host a design contest during the retreat.
- On the first day of the retreat we'll gather into small groups to create a bead bead soup mix.
- You'll have until Saturday afternoon to finish your creation.
- Your finished design should be 60% of the bead soup mix.
On Saturday during the farewell party, bring your entry and we'll vote on the winners. There will be one grand prize winner, a 1st and 2nd place winner.
Submitting your design is optional, but we encourage everyone to play along during the open beading sessions!
What to Bring
Everyone should bring a 16" strand (or equivalent) of beads. Pick glass, crystal, stone or pearl beads that match one of the hues in the color palette above. Please keep beads under 14mm.
Bring a focal component or art bead for your creation.
Feel free to bring chain, wire, beading wire & crimps or waxed linen or whatever else you'll need to construct your design.
Vintaj will provide a clasp or bring one of your own.
- To participate make a pendant to exchange.
- Slip your pendant on a simple cord or ribbon.
- Wrap it in a gift box or bag with your business card or a note to let your swap partner know who made it.
- This is for fun and not required. Bring only one pendant.
- Your pendant can be beaded, a strung tassel, wire-wrapped, bead embroidery, metalwork, wirework, etc.. - whatever you want to create.
- Please use high quality materials for your exchange.
- The pendant can be as simple or complex as you’d like.
- Bring your pendant to our first event on Thursday.